One of the hottest new trends this fall/winter season has got to be color blocking.
What is color blocking?
Color blocking is systematically wearing two or more solid panels of color in an outfit. This can be achieved many ways, maybe with a bright colored blouse, handbag or tights. It is recognized for being a bold fashion statement, but can be toned down to fit your personal style and comfort level.
Some tips on color blocking:
- Don’t be afraid to experiment! Color blocking can be fun and add some real flare to your wardrobe.
- If you are worried about your body shape, no problem! Use dark colors on your torso for a slimming look and add a pop of color to your arms, legs or accessories.
- Try not to use too many colors at once, start off with a neutral piece and build from there, you don’t want to end up looking like a Rubix cube.
- Some accessories have already been color blocked for you! Utilize them in your day to day life.
- You can even color block using your makeup or nail polish.
I tried out color blocking for myself!
I spiced up a plain black top and skirt with purple tights and coral shoes and a blazer (which I scored at Chic to Chic!) I grabbed my lovely green handbag which is another Chic to Chic exclusive. This outfit is perfect for fall in the city, and I am excited to make new color block outfits. Try it out for yourself and show us your color block looks!